March 24, 2021
From time to time, families — including children — who are having difficulties can benefit from support from specialized resources, organizations, or counselors. It is important to find resources well-grounded in the faith. Here are some resources recommended by the Marriage Reality Movement.
|Excellent call-in radio program with sound practical problem solving advice based on Theology of the Body. Broadcast M-F, 10AM ET on over 400 radio stations. Also available as podcasts through iTunes. Recent programs Search for More2Life on your podcast app. (Disclosure: Dr. Popcak is a Marriage Reality Movement advisor.)|
Phone or Internet therapy offered
- Pastoral Solutions Institute: Provides telephone counseling**
- CatholicPsych Institute: Provides range of services including counseling by Skype.**
- Divorce Busting: Trained coaches supporting couples who want to save their marriage.
- Dr. Monica Breaux: Individual, family or couples counseling. Expertise in sexual addiction & appetite formation, pornography, Catholic sexual ethics.
- Catholic Therapist Directory: National directory of Catholic therapists - "Sound phsychology, solid faith, real healing."
- Selected practices
- California, San Diego: Dr. Lisa Petronis, MA, PhD — Jurate Psychotherapy and Consultation Services Inc.
- Georgia, Duluth Holy Family Counseling Center. Counseling from a Catholic Christian perspective.
- Minnesota, Twin Cities area: Peter Damgaard-Hansen, Integrative Counseling. Marriage and family counseling.
- National Registry of Marriag-Friendly Therapists: Paid registry of pre-screened therapists who share the common goal of helping to save your relationship.
Other Support Resources
- Retrouvaille: A program to help couples heal and renew their marriages
- St. John Paul II Healing Center: Healing workshops and seminars
- The Alexander House: Couples coaching and couple-to-couple marriage mentoring **
- Child Healing, Uncovering and Addressing Conflicts (Associated with the Institute for Marital Healing) **
- Life-Giving Wounds: Support and Retreats for Adult Children of Divorce
- The Catholic's Divorce Survival Guide: Ministering to the emotional and spiritual needs of the separated and divorced. **
- BAN – Beyond Affairs Network: Local support network for people recovering from the devastating experience of a spouse’s affair.
- Compassion Power: Addressing domestic anger and violence
- Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents
Pornography and Sexual Addiction Help
- Treatment and Healing of Sexual and Pornographic Addictions
- Integrity Restored
- Reclaim God's Plan for Sexual Health
- Information Resources
- Courage: A ministry with local chapters for people struggling with same-sex attractions**
- Encourage: Support group with local chapters dedicated to the spiritual needs of parents, siblings, children, and other relatives and friends of persons who have same-sex attractions.**
- For Your Marriage (Sponored by the U.S. Bishops)
- The Third Option
- Marriage Encounter
**Organizations with whom the Marriage Reality Movement has a direct relationship
Please send recommendations for other resources for helping families with relationship or emotional difficulties. Include details, the basis for the recommendation and complete contact information. CONTACT US